June 1, 2009

Hope and Honor

This past Sunday our church watched a video on Hope, presented by Louis Giglio.

It was awesome, I admit it uplifted me, and prepared me for the rest of our Sunday service.
You see, some of us were preparing to go on a short mission trip. Some of us had hope that it was going to be a trip of God's direction.

But as the day wore on, our Pastor showed us, over and over, we had no honor for him in the office of God, let alone honor for one another.

It was not necessarily a message we wanted to hear. Lethargy had canceled a trip, we believed was ordained of God. But our hope, our faith, our trust - where was it placed? Watch the video again.

Look to the cross.

Psalm 40:1-3 1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.


No comments:

Post a Comment